Friday, January 30, 2009

Made in USA


With this current economic situation, I feel the simplest thing I can do to help is to start buying products that say "Made in USA" on them. I am sick of the USA being shipped overseas one dollar at a time. I will no longer buy products made in another country. This also means I will not be buying products that just say "Marketed by ...." or " Manufactured for..." I want to see that "Made in USA" on the label.

By doing this I am supporting the companies that are using American work force. I do not have to buy anything that was made outside the USA. I realize this is hard to do. Some products are built in the USA but the components may have been made outside the country. It is worth the time and energy to look at the label to support our fellow US workers.

Sometimes my decision means I have to pay more for the product. I know that the extra money is going to support US businesses and workers. Here is a recent example from my local WalMart. I paid $.97 for Idahoan Mashed Potatoes that were made in the USA instead of $.72 for Betty Crocker Mashed Potatoes that said "Manufactured for....". I know I paid a quarter more for the product I bought but I feel proud to have spent the American money on an American product.

As more people start doing this, it will cause a decrease in the demand for foreign made products and an increase demand for American made products. This will then create more jobs here instead of overseas. This is one of the simplest ways a regular American citizen can help the current economy.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Simran

2 comments on "Made in USA"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader
Aunt Patty on February 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM said...

I enjoyed this blog and agree with you completely.

Recently while shopping in WalMart, I remembered that I needed garlic powder so I looked at two brands that they carry. One brand was an off-brand which I would try if it were an American product, but it was manufactured in China so I put it back and reached for the McCormick bottle. I was quite surprised that it is now a product of China. I live in California and Gilroy is the "Garlic Capitol of the World" yet I am expected to buy garlic products in California that are either produced or manufactured in China. I just don't get it. Needless to say, I bought neither and I am now planning on going to my local health food store to see if I can buy local (California) garlic in bulk. Thanks for blogging.

Anonymous said...

How To Make money with affiliate programs Today. Affiliate marketing is the easier and probably the most effective method to make money from the internet. It is basically, a kind of selling technique where potential buyers from your website are directed to the websites of sellers. For every click, the website owner gets a small commission.

www.onlineuniversalwork.com

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment