Monday, January 26, 2009

Browser Jacking by ICQ


I have used ICQ for years. I decided to install it on my newer computer. I was shocked to see that it changed my homepage, search engine and added a toolbar without informing me of such changes. NOT COOL! BAD ICQ!

I used to be able to comfortably recommend ICQ to family and friends. Those days are now gone after this experience. I cannot promote any product that believe they have the right to change my computer settings without an opt-out option during installation.

As can be seen by my ICQ number (153243) I was one of the first users. I never had to worry about ICQ. It was safe and above board. Times appear to have changed. Now ICQ has joined the ranks of browser jackers. It is a sad day to see another good software product has been corrupted.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Simran

0 comments on "Browser Jacking by ICQ"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader
:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment