Monday, January 19, 2009

Cost of Doing Business


It used to be that any company in business knew they would have standard expenses including bank fees and administrative costs. Nowadays these fees have been passed down to the consumer. If I pay my mortgage payment with a check over the phone, I have a service fee anywhere from $5 to $12 added to my payment. If I speak to a real person, there is another fee added in the $10 range. If I use a credit/debt card to make my payment, there is a different service fee applied.

I was taught that businesses normally covered these costs with the income their business generated. Now everything is an added fee. I can no longer walk into an office and pay my mortgage payment with cash, I have to use check, e-check or credit/debt card. All, of course, for a fee.

It seems that somewhere someone got the bright idea of passing these fees onto the consumers. There are way too many businesses "feeing" consumers into debt. It has come down to using any product or service includes a fee. Then they add another fee when you pay them.
Do any of these fees go pay higher wages to their employees? No, they go to help someone meet their goals for a bonus and/or promotion.

Where is my bonus or promotion from all these fees I pay? Am I suppose to feel good because Mr. Middle-management made quota and got a $10,000 bonus when I don't know if I'll be able to make next month's house payment? These are the same type of managers who are getting government bailouts. Applying fees didn't cover their greedy little hands well enough so now we, the tax-paying consumers, must hand them more money. I feel any company receiving bailout money should not be allow to charge us fees for every little business expense they occur. We have earned the right to "feeless" goods and services by allowing them to use our tax dollars to keep their businesses open.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Simran

0 comments on "Cost of Doing Business"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader
:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment