Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finding Employment


It is interesting to see all these people who cannot find work. Yes, jobs are scarce but they are available. Even my recent quest for employment was a bit trying. I received one job offer in my field at such a low salary that I would be making less than $5 an hour. This resulted in me seeking jobs via the Internet. Need less to say I am now employed by several companies. These companies are paying from $8 to $14 an hour.

The jobs I am referring to are in the merchandising / demonstration field. These companies are screaming for reliable employees who can work with minimal supervision and willing to learning new things. Most require a computer, Internet connection, digital camera, access to fax machine (or all-in-one printer with fax option), dependable car and ability to follow simple instructions.

The type of spot jobs some companies have paid me to do include price checking 4 types of soup ($5 for 10 minutes), reset furnace filter displays ($24 for 45 minutes), bi-monthly checks on Sony electronics ($10 for 1 hour), reset printer display ($10 an hour), build furniture (piece work at various rates) and check store displays ($5 to $12 for 10 minutes to 30 minutes). Other companies are paying between $8 and $10 an hour to straighten and stock their products on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

These companies generally do not pay mileage or the cost of printing their paperwork. This is great for me come tax time. I can deduct my Internet cost, printer paper and ink, mileage on my vehicle and other supplies as these are required by my employers.

If you are interested in working outside your normal field of employment or just looking for part-time work, check out National Association for Retail Marketing Services and AllRetailJobs.com.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Simran

0 comments on "Finding Employment"

Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe in a Reader
:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment